25 Yoruba female names and their meanings.
1. Aanuoluwakiishi It’s quite a long name for a baby, but the short version is Aanu. The meaning of the name is unfadeable God’s mercy.
2. Abifoluwa This name has two short variations, like Folu and Abi. The meaning of the name is born for God.
3. Abioye If you see this girl with this name, then she is obligated to have a good fortune. The right translation of this name is born into royalty.
4. Adebimpe The short version of this one of the most beautiful female names in Yoruba is Bimpe. Still, you will also like to know that it translates as the crown given to me by birth.
5. Adedamola It translate as crown and wealth! This girl will like to show her royal origin and ready to be wealthy in this life. Source: pinimg.com READ ALSO: Origin of Okrika clothes in Nigeria
6. Adesewa It can be literally translated as the crown that shows the beauty. The short version of this name is Sewa.
7. Adeyemi This girl is worthy of the crown and her names speak for that. When you meet this girl, you must know that she is at least a princess.
8. Akanni This names means to be the first one. This girl is a clear leader in everything. It means that you will like to know that she is on your side when it’s necessary.
9. Araoluwa This name can be translated as the wonder of God.
10. Ayomide The joy that has arrived. A man who marry this woman will be the happiest on earth! It names speaks out of joy and there is no doubt about that.
11. Ayowumi This girl’s name translates as “I love joy”. Well, it seems that the character of this girl is a real fire. She is very energetic and doesn’t want to just sit still. If you are going to marry this girl, then you must be very active in every sphere of life.
12. Ebunoluwa She is a gift of God and her name speaks for that. Ebun is a short version of this name. It’s the very gift that every boy will like to have.
13. Eniola Who is the richest person on the Earth? The name can be translated as a wealthy person. It’s quite unusual for a girl, but wealth may come from different directions.
14. Ereadura This name can be translated as the reward of prayers. If you parents gave this name to you, then you can expect a lot of good things happen in your life. There is no other way for this person. She will be expected everywhere as she has one of the best Yoruba female names.
15. Eriayomi The name can be defined as the testimony of joy. It’s a real joy to have such a person near you. It’s necessary to understand how this person is good for everybody.
16. Ewaoluwa Her name defines as “Beauty of God”. She is really gorgeous and there is no doubt about that!
17. Fiyinfoluwa The short version of this name is Folu and it translates as the Praise of God.
18. Ibukunoluwa She is God’s blessing. It’s another piece in the list of Yoruba female names that is currently presented.
19. Ifedayo It’s love becomes joy.
20. Irekanmi What is the short version of this name? It’s Kanmi and the person who bears this name will have a great luck. The name translates as “good things happen” Therefore, a person who is near her will also have a great luck!
21. Ireoluwa She is God’s goddess. It’s interesting how the language can define names. The person who wears this name may have some godly features. It can be described in almost everything. If it’s not beauty, then it can be the beauty of character.
22. Iyin This name is translated as Praise! It’s interesting how this name influences a person who wears it.
23. Mofeoluwa I love God. That’s how this name can be translated. It’s a person that simply loves God and everything connected with him. That’s why you shouldn’t be surprised that this person is very good in nature and can provide a lot to a person whom she loves. It’s said, that God is in everything that we love. Mofeoluwa will surely know that!
24. Monifa This name can be translated as “I’m lucky”. A person who wears this name is extremely lucky. Moreover, she can traverse this luck to other people. It’s especially true for people whom she loves!
25. Ododo This name is translated as flower. It might be simple, but it provides a great opportunity for a person who wears this name.
Who knows what can be expected from flower? You must see it with your own eyes! These are 25 most interesting Yoruba female names and their meanings! You won’t believe what else you can find in the name of Yoruba girl. The name of every person is sacred. It represents the very beginning of the life for a person. That’s why when you expect a baby, you need to choose a name carefully. Do not forget that this name will represent the whole life of a child. It’s the very beginning of her luck and destiny.