Beer is said to be the world’s oldest and most widely consumed alcoholic drink, being the third most popular drink overall, after water and tea.
This being the case, it is only appropriate that the world marks International Beer Day!
The IBD is a global celebration of beer, taking place in pubs, breweries, and backyards all over the world.
Celebrated every first Friday of August, it’s a day for beer lovers everywhere to raise a toast to brewers and bartenders and rejoice in the greatness of beer!
Meanwhile, the purpose of International Beer Day is threefold:
- To gather with friends and enjoy the deliciousness that is beer.
- To celebrate the dedicated men and women who brew and serve our beer.
- To bring the world together by celebrating the beers of all nations and cultures on this one remarkable day.
- International Beer Day takes place annually on the first Friday in August.
- it was first celebrated in August 2008.
- August was chosen because of its summer weather and distance from other beer celebrations.
- It is celebrated in over 200 cities globally
Happy International Beer Day!