A 27-year-old woman identified as Ekaterina Fedyaeva has died in excruciating pains after she was embalmed alive due to a horrific medical error. It is really shocking to learn that a young woman has been embalmed alive due to medical error.
The mother of the deceased has accused medics of ‘murder’ after they put her daughter on a formalin drip – a solution that contains formaldehyde – instead of saline.
The deceased had been in the hospital in her home city of Ulyanovsk in Russia for routine surgery, and she was given a drip that is normally infused into the veins of the dead to prevent decomposition.
It was gathered that Ekaterina suffered severe pains and convulsions for two days before falling into a coma. Even when she was attached to a life support machine, her heart still stopped several times.
When she was eventually flown to a top hospital in Moscow, she woke up from her coma, but finally died of multiple organ failures. We learnt that her mother, Galina Baryshnikova and her husband, Igor were with her when she came around from the surgery in her ward.
“Her legs were moving, she had convulsions, her whole body was shaking,” said her mother.
“I put socks on her, then a robe, then a blanket but she was shivering to such an extent, I can’t even describe it. No doctor came to see her although she was coming round from anaesthetic.”
She suffered very severe stomach pains and vomiting.
The bereaved mother said:
“We had no idea it was formalin. And they knew very well that they washed up her body with a poison – and they did nothing to help… Now I understand that formalin was simply eroding her body from inside. People who performed the surgery already knew that they infused something wrong. They needed to take some urgent measures – but they did nothing.”
She further stated that when she begged the doctors to help, they told her to go home, cook chicken soup and stop worrying.
“I begged – ‘please help her, she is my only child,” said Galina.
“I think they just wanted me to go away and to hide everything.”
Overnight, Ekaterina was rushed to intensive care as her condition moved from bad to worse.
“For 14 hours after surgery she was living with this formalin and they did nothing,” she said.
Galina said that she went in search of doctors and found them in a huddle ‘discussing how to tell us that a terrible mistake had been made.’ But they didn’t admit exactly what had happened. The female chief doctor told her:
“A medical mistake took place. She is in a coma now, her heart, lungs and liver stopped working. She is attached to an artificial lung ventilator”.
The deceased was moved to the regional clinic, and that was where the doctor told Galina and Igor about the appalling error.
“It wasn’t normal saline, they put formalin into her,” they were informed.
Although medics used 52 drugs in a desperate attempt to save the woman before she was flown to the Moscow hospital, she still died tragically.
“It is such a crime,” Galina said.
“I spoke to the criminal investigator, and he told me it was negligence. But this is pure murder.”
Ekaterina was buried on 7 April and a criminal investigation is currently ongoing.
Source: Mirror News