Two weeks after Thomas Markle Sr. sat down with Good Morning Britain for an unauthorized interview his daughter Duchess Meghanand Prince Harry, the retired lighting director spoke out yet again. This time he threw shade at Queen Elizabeth II to TMZ.
But any apology may fall on deaf ears. “Meghan hasn’t spoken to Thomas since the day after her wedding,” says a palace insider, adding the entire royal family is “frustrated” that Markle Sr. continues to talk to the press. “Thomas is walking a fine line,” warns another source. “This blabbing needs to stop if he wants to maintain any relationship with Harry and Meghan.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were blindsided by the June 18 sit-down on the British morning show. “The proper thing to do would have been to let Meghan and Kensington Palace know he was giving an interview,” a palace source previously told Us. “He already did damage before the wedding.”