Just In: Suspected Terrorist Attack Leaves 13 Dead

Loading...

Fresh attacks in Mozambique’s volatile northern Cabo Delgado province has seen no fewer than thirteen persons dead.

Islamists have terrorized villagers in the remote community in the last one year, but Saturday’s attack was very disturbing.

E247mag.com understand that there was an attack about 48 hours earlier at Ulo village in Mocimboa da Praia district where over 120 houses were destroyed.

READ ALSO: Ogun State PDP Crashes As Gbenga Daniel Quits Partisan Politics (full statement)

According to a source, there were attacks on Friday as well. He said: “Two additional attacks were carried out during the early hours of (Friday), on the villages of Nabajo and Maculo, killing a total of 13 villagers,” a local resident said.

Hardline Islamists have launched several deadly attacks in the Muslim-majority Cabo Delgado province in the past year, stoking unrest just as Maputo pushes ahead with gas exploration efforts.

Last month, a Mozambican worker was killed and six others were wounded when two road convoys operated by US gas giant Anadarko came under attack in northern Mozambique.

READ ALSO: 15 Things You Must Know About New Zealand Terrorist Attack

Recall that gunmen attacked the city of Christchurch in New Zealand on Friday leaving 49 persons dead and scores critically injured.

The New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Arden who condemned the attack said it is one of New Zealand’s darkest days” and that the victims who might be largely immigrants had chosen to make the country their home.

 

Loading...
Loading...

Biodun Kupoluyi

Editor-in-Chief

Biodun Kupoluyi has 10542 posts and counting. See all posts by Biodun Kupoluyi

Loading...

%d bloggers like this: