An Abuja Federal High Court has admitted into evidence, records of expenditure of the N400m the former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party Olisa Metuh is alleged to have fraudulently received.
E247mag.com understand that the trial judge, Justice Okon Abang, has admitted the document titled ‘President National Assignment Account’ into evidence and marked it as exhibit D20.
Metuh who claimed he received N400million from former President Goodluck Jonathan for a special national assignment had been remanded in prison since January 5, 2016 after he was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
READ ALSO: Ambode Appoints 20-Man Transition Committee
According to him, he used the money for the said purpose and had submitted the receipts to the ex-president
Metuh, who was led in evidence by his counsel, Abel Ozioko, at the resumed hearing on Tuesday, confirmed that no part of the N400m was used for the campaign activities of the PDP.
The records of account tendered by Metuh contained details of the disbursements and signatures of those who received funds in the execution of the said special national assignment.
Justice Abang adjourned the matter until April 10 for continuation of trial.
Metuh is standing trial along with his company, Destra Investment Limited, on seven counts, which involves laundering of $2m.
He is also charged with fraudulently receiving N400m from a former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.