The Italian Football Federation has announced that the Italian league could be given a nod from May 18 to start training if the health protocols are in place.
The FA and the Italian Government, last week met to discuss to resuming the season after a two months lockdown in the country.
Italy’s sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora and health minister Roberto Speranza said the two have delivered the statement and it has been accepted to commencement of group session.
“The opinion requested by the government from the Technical Scientific Committee confirms the line of prudence,” the ministers’ statement said. “The indications of the CTS, which are to be considered stringent and binding, will be sent to the Federation for the necessary adjustments of the protocol in order to allow for the safe resumption of team training starting from May 18.”