President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Mr. Mele Kolo Kyari as the new Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) after removing the former GMD, Maikanti Baru.
Reports gathered from the Group Public Affairs, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu stated that the president also appointed seven new Chief Operating Officers (COO).
Until his new appointment, Mr. Kyari, a geologist, was Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division of NNPC and also doubled, since 13th May, 2018, as Nigeria’s National Representative to the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC.
President Buhari has directed that the New GMD and the newly appointed COOs work with the current occupiers of the various offices till 7th July, 2019 towards a smooth transition on 8thJuly 2019 when their appointments would take effect to ensure a smooth transition.
However, the appointment of Mr. Farouk Garba Said (North West), who is replacing a retiring Chief Operating Officer, is effective from 28th June, 2019. The newly appointed Chief Operating Officers are the newly appointed COOs are:
- Mr. Roland Onoriode Ewubare (S/South) – COO Upstream
- Engr. Mustapha Yinusa Yakubu (N/ Central) – COO Refining & Petrochemicals
- Engr. Yusuf Usman (N/East) – COO, Gas & Power
- Ms. Lawrencia Nwadiabuwa Ndupu (S/East), COO Ventures
- Mr. Umar Isa Ajiya (N/West) – Chief Financial Officer
- Engr. Adeyemi Adetunji (S/West) – COO, Downstream
- Mr. Farouk Garba Said (N/West) – COO, Corporate Services.