Baby Dies As Mum Accidentally Fed Her With Breast Milk Poisoned By Snake Venom

An Indian woman who was bitten by a snake in her sleep and unknowingly breastfed poisoned milk to her daughter has died along with the child, Police said Friday.

Image result for Baby dies as mum accidentally fed her with breast milk poisoned by snake venom

The 35-year-old woman from Uttar Pradesh state did not realise she had been bitten when she woke and breastfed her daughter.

The three-year-old girl and the mother fell ill on Thursday and both died before they could reach hospital, Police inspector Vijay Singh told AFP.

ALSO READ:   26 Year Old Man Raped,Murdered His 72 Year Old Grandma In Her Home

The family spotted the snake in another room but the creature escaped.

A post-mortem is to be carried out, but Police have registered a case of accidental death, the officer added.

India is home to some 300 snake species and 60 are highly venomous, including the Indian cobra, krait, Russell’s viper and saw-scaled viper.

ALSO READ:   Pictures: Gov. Ambode Hosts Special Dinner In Honour Of Outstanding Public Servants At Lagos House, Alausa, Ikeja

India accounts for 46,000 of the 100,000 snake bite deaths around the world each year, according to a 2011 study by the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.


Copyright 2018 E247Magazine. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to as the source.