Following the declaration of Babajide Sanwo-Olu as the winner of the Lagos state governorship elections, 247mag.com brings you nine top facts about the governor-elect.
From the final results released by the Independent Electoral Commission, Sanwo-Olu polled a total of 739,445 votes while his closest rival Jimi Agbaje of the Peoples Democratic Party managed 206,141 votes.
READ ALSO: APC Clears Lagos House Of Assembly Polls
Here are 9 facts about the new Lagos governor-elect
- He was born on June 25, 1965
2. He holds BSc in Surveying and an MBA from the University Of Lagos
3. He was the treasurer at defunct Lead Merchant Bank from 1994 to 1997
4. Served as Special Adviser on Corporate Matters to the then deputy governor of Lagos State, Femi Pedro
5. As an experienced banker, he also had stints with FCMB and UBA
6. He was an cting Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget until 2007
7. Sanwo-Olu was formerly a the Lagos State commissioner for Commerce and Industry
8. The 53-year-old was the pioneer Chairman Lagos Security Trust Fund.
9. He Declared to run for Lagos State Governor on 16th September 2018.