Following the news of the attack in New Zealand on Friday which left 49 persons dead and scores critically injured, e247.com make 15-point analysis of the situation.
The New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Arden who condemned the attack said it is one of New Zealand’s darkest days” and that the victims who might be largely immigrants had chosen to make the country their home.
Below are the 15 points
- 49 recorded death so far.
- A man had a narrow escape by jumping through the window.
- One charged, two others in custody.
- Police warn people to avoid mosques in coming hours.
- Facebook, Twitter removes suspected shooter’s social media pages.
- One attacker believed posted writing before the attack.
- 48 patients being treated with gunshot wound including children.
- Part of the attack was live-streamed.
- Mosque murder expected to appear in court.
- Explosive devises found attached to car involved the attack.
- Prime minister says this is one of New Zealand’s darkest days.
- No active search for other suspects now, but others may be involved.
- This act does not reflect who we are – New Zealand Prime Minister.
- Manifesto filled with anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim language posted before attack.
- Police urges anyone in Christchurch to stay off streets.