Fresh report reaching E247mag.com has it that the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen has resigned with immediate effect.
Below are 11 things to known about the former Chief Justice of Nigeria
1. Onnoghen was born on the 22nd December 1950 in Okurike Town, Cross River State.
2. He graduated from the University of Ghana in 1977 and attended Nigerian Law School in 1978.
3. He once worked at the Ministry of Justice Ikeja Lagos in the year 1978-1979.
4. Onnoghen worked as a judge in CrossRiver state before joining the Supereme Court.
5. He was appointed as the CJN of Nigeria in 2017 under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
6. He had a clash with the Federal Government of Nigeria as a result of fake asset declaration.
7. His trial started on January 14, 2019.
8. He was suspended by President Buhari on his refusal to show up at his trial on 26 January, 2019.
9. He resigned on the 5th April, 2019 as a Chief Justice in Nigeria.
10. He was sacked by the CCT on Wednesday, 18th April, 2019.
11. His 5 bank accounts are confiscated by the federal government.