He has not done anything to develop the north since he first became the military governor of northeastern Nigeria. He has done nothing to change the plight of Northerners as shown here:
1. 12 million children are out of school in Nigeria, of which 10 million are from the north whilst Kano state alone has 3 million beggars. Buhari has never addressed the lack of educational pursuit amongst northerners. Rather he would appoint poorly educated northerners to positions of power.
2. Nigeria has the highest number of young girls suffering from Vesico Vaginal Fistula (VVF) in the world. And 90 per cent of those young girls are from the north. Mrs. Aisha Buhari married her husband at the age of 18. She says she is opposed to child brides but does not address the issues of VVF.
3. According to the UNDP 72 per cent of northern Nigerians are living below the poverty line.
4. According to UNICEF if Nigeria were to ever break up, the core north would be the poorest and most barren place on the African continent.
5. According to Nasir El Rufai, the Governor of Kaduna state in northern Nigeria, if the north-western zone of the country were to ever find itself on its own it would be poorer and more ravaged by war than Afghanistan.
6. According to the World Terror Index Boko Haram and the Fulani militias are the first and fourth “most deadly terrorist organisations in the world” respectively and they both come from northern Nigeria.
7. According to UNESCO 65 million Nigerians, which represents 50 per cent of the total population!) are stark illiterates and 55 million of them are from the north.
8. According to UNICEF the heartland and base of pedophiia, child sex, child slavery and child marriage on the African continent is northern Nigeria.
9. According to President Donald Trump of the United States of America “northern Nigeria is one of the most dangerous places for Christians to live in the world” and “Christians are murdered there in their thousands every year whilst Churches are blown up and burnt down”.
10. According to CNN “the bastion of radical Islam, Islamic terror and Islamic fundamentalism in Africa is northern Nigeria”.
11. According to Governor Yari of Zamfara state in north western Nigeria the north has been afflicted with all manner of diseases and epidemics, including meningitis, as a consequence of their many sins against Allah.
12. According to VP Yemi Osinbajo the northern states “have the highest infant and maternal mortality rates in the country, the lowest rate of child enrolment in schools, the highest number of unemployed young people, the highest levels of poverty and faces the challenge of inter-ethic and inter-religious conflict including the Boko Haram.
Buhari has failed woefully in serving the interest of the north. So why do they still support him. A southern Christian or non-Fulani would do far more for the North.Chinazor Onianwa