Gunmen Abduct Groom, Bride, Best Man In Ondo

Suspected gunmen have reportedly abducted a groom, Moses Yakubu, his bride, best man and two other friends at Akunnu in Akoko Northeast Local Government Area of Ondo State just a few hours to their engagement.

The victims were said to be coming from Okene, Kogi state, to Akure for the engagement slated for Sunday when their car was seized at a gunpoint.

Father of the bride, Mr. Ahmed Amodu who confirmed the incident said the bride and younger sister were later set free by the kidnappers, who took away the groom and the remaining two male and female friends.

ALSO READ:   Full Text Of President Buhari’s Speech To Nigerians

The engagement scheduled to hold on Sunday afternoon at Ogungbolahan street, off Agagu road, Aule Quarters, Akure has been called off.

Confirming the incident, Police spokesman Femi Joseph, a Superintendent of Police (SP), said policemen had been deployed in the area to comb the forest and rescue the victims.

Joseph said the command would end incessant kidnapping in Akoko, especially with its Kogi and Edo states’ neighbouring towns and villages.

ALSO READ:   We Want These Killings To Stop, Adeboye Says In Benue